Wednesday, December 29, 2010

MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS, PLEASE VOTE!




Please click on the link above and vote 5 stars for me.

The stamp design was developed from an art piece I did called Unprepared In Wellies.  I switched up a few of the words and made it fit the concept; keeping in mind the fact it needs to fit onto a small stamp, titled FORECAST HOPE.

This is for mental health awareness, Canada Post stamp competition, and the more votes I get the more awareness!!!  Please send this to anyone you know and tell them to click 5 stars for my stamp design.

As most of you know mental health awareness is very close to my heart and I hope to make a difference in any way possible.  

Thank you for your time and spread the awareness:)

Love,
Marie

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I discovered your blog this afternoon and am blown away.

    I'm always amazed by the creativity and passion that some people put into their art, whether the written word or visual. I just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how much I enjoyed what you've shared.

    I too encountered the difficulty of mental illness; an anxiety disorder that's been with me for the last 6 years, on and off. While I've moved past the "these things don't happen to me" phase, I sometimes catch myself falling into old patterns where I don't address the issues; dealing instead with the symptoms, being that it is so much easier. I've found success in utilizing my community's public health services (in KW) and can only suggest that there is never a "wrong" time to reach out for help.

    In any event, I wish you well in your challenges and recovery. I look forward to seeing what your creative self evolves into. If I could impart one note to you or anyone facing mental illness, it is that you are not alone. Although we are individuals, the strength and support of a community, those who share and can empathize with your situation, is a wonderfully theraputic motion.

    By the way, I hope you won't mind if I drop in and offer the odd comment and impression from time to time.

    Best,

    Super Fun

    ReplyDelete