Friday, November 9, 2012

Deep in Thought, and lots of books!

Here is a recent video I posted onto my Youtube channel about books related to Japanese mental health, as well as other books of interest, and a casual description of what my new project is about (@6:30 in clip).

During the autumn and winter I find myself doing a lot more transfers for the collage elements in my work, and I've come to call the designs I cut out of Japanese paper 'free association cutting' (as in free association writing); only recently have I discovered the significance of the design being one continuous line, all connected from one end to another.  This makes it difficult as I increase the size of my canvases, but I'm always learning new ways to improve upon the process.  

Anyways here is the video and I've got another planned about my very 'un'stereotypical academic experience and thoughts about school; this is something I struggle with even now, oh the conflict~


Thank you so much for reading, and I hope everyone is having a wonderful November!


No comments:

Post a Comment