Sunday, February 13, 2011

GREAT NEWS and I AM ASKING FOR YOUR SUPPORT/HELP!!!!!!!!

I have just received wonderful news that I have been chosen as one of the top five finalists in the Canada Post Mental Health Awareness Stamp Competition!!!

Voting is from Feb. 14th to March 14th.



I need public votes to win the actual Stamp Design they will be printing, so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE from the bottom of my heart vote five stars for my stamp design and share it with everyone you know in person, facebook, twitter, other social network sites, publications, Youtube, everywhere PLEASE. 


LINK TO VOTE FOR MY STAMP DESIGN CLICK HERE
(scroll down until you see the stars at the bottom and click on five stars to vote)




I am very dedicated to spreading mental health awareness through my art work/career/life, and helping others affected by mental illness and mental health issues in any way I can.  Your support will mean the world to me and so close to my heart.




Throughout history there have been many artists afflicted with mental illnesses, and I am another one of them; I suffered all my life with chronic depression, major anxiety disorders, as well as my devastating experience with severe anorexia and bulimia which I have worked my ass off to recover completely from (which is exceptionally rare).


  
I have experienced the countless Emergency Room visits, the Intensive Psychiatric Assessment Units, Psychiatric Emergency Rooms, the psychiatric hospital stays, inpatient and outpatient programs, treatment facilities, groups, the professionals, the other patients some of whom I've made great connections, the mountain of medications, and the ICU for those times my suicide attempts were fatal.  




I do not want to talk about the darkness whilst in the struggles and depths of my mental illnesses as I believe we've all experienced in some form what these times feel like, and 'know'.  But I do want to and need to talk of and spread the word of all the efforts I have taken to prepare, dig, crawl, and climb (through the mud) my way out of and to where I am today; alive, proud of who I am as an individual, hopeful, believing, grateful, and totally embracing and fascinated by everyone and thing in the world. 




 One step, one moment at a time, anything is possible.  So as those of you know me with promises, I never ever break promises; I definitely will spread the word and share my life stories to support, teach, and help anyone and everyone who has been touched by the world of mental health.  


This is my purpose in life: I've known it deep inside for a long time coming.


Please do vote and share it with as many people as you know, and tell them to spread the word; one step and moment at a time anything is possible.  Let awareness of mental health reach the world. 





Thank you so very much for your time, I can not thank you enough, truly, I am touched.  


I am totally approachable so feel free to contact me any time, anywhere, anyhow about any~thing.  


(*^_^*) Sending you a big SMILE!


Love,
Marie



This was my motto that stuck with me through the struggles and even now.







No comments:

Post a Comment