Saturday, March 29, 2014

EXTENSIONS/EXPRESSIONS OF INNER SELVES

My desk top image at work:



I love this as it makes me smile a knowing grin every morning; only I know the naughty meaning it holds.  Everything I surround myself with has meaning and is an extension of me as an individual and a form of self expression; personal, honest, authentic, without excess.  My medium of choice is mainly fine art, but not limited, and it has purpose and meaning to me as each piece I choose to surround myself has it's own story (step into any space I inhabit and you'll understand).  

I LOVE this piece: IRRATIONAL EXUBERANCE by Mark Ulriksen
2014, oil on canvas, 48 x 36 in.

Exhibit is still on if you are in SF @ MODERNISM INC. 685 Market St. 
  
For some it maybe dance, music, words, film, wildlife, and an array of other means of self expression, but I want you to ask yourself if what you are surrounding yourself with are those/that which support, encourage, fill your soul and being.  It doesn't have to be positive or good; it can be a dark shadowy poster, but can you relate to it?  As I believe that the people and things we share our lives with are a reflection of our inner selves.

This piece by Priscilla Rattazzi, THE KISS, from 'Luna & Lola', 2009, at my desk at work, along with a photocopied article of PLEASE TAKE CARE by Sophie Calle (which I completely fell in love with and can relate in meaning, concept, and execution), amongst others. 

As I haven't had time to post in a few weeks, there maybe a few to follow in short succession.  Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate it.

  

*Smile* 
Marie 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment