Monday, May 10, 2010

iRobot


Oh wow, this iphone takes pretty nice photos; and how long have I had the phone for?  A while, and I am only now trying the camera in it, I'm low tech, what can I say...

But, this little gadget, is the funniest thing; an iRobot, Roomba, vacuum thing-a-ma-jig.  It is on a trial case right now but it has quite the brain; it maps out the interior of your place and remembers the dimensions, it docs itself to the 'home base' charging station, it talks to you, speaks to it self, changes settings on different surfaces, has timers, and everything anyone could as for (for the guys, maybe all but the maids out fit, hehe).  I believe it also converses in different languages and you can give it vocal commands and it will obey as you please.  Silly thing really, but has a bit of a character, like R2D2.  It has sensors and runs into stuff to take info; so the little thing is vacuuming along and then bang here bang there bump here whoopsies there, but every time it learns and maneuvers it self back facing another new direction.

For those of you OCD clean freaks, I can imagine you having one in every room all timed and set to clean exactly where and when you want it.  I only have one but that is enough for me, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to cleaning.  And I do not know how I would feel with so many little robots doing its own thang at once; that would make me go nuts.  I've got enough to deal with in my own brain, constantly going and coming up with more ideas and new stuff, here, there and everywhere.  Totally and completely random too, my brain...  its just how I work.

So I shall keep on seeing how the robot does its job.  As for me, I have a lot on my mind right now and know I will not be having the best week...  I will post more on that later.  The iRobot Roomba will keep me preoccupied for the time being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment